|Book Type||Chapter Books|
Phillip is excited when the Germans invade the small island of Curaçao. War has always been a game to him, and he’s eager to glimpse it firsthand–until the freighter he and his mother are traveling to the United States on is torpedoed. When Phillip comes to, he is on a small raft in the middle of the sea. Besides Stew Cat, his only companion is an old West Indian, Timothy. Phillip remembers his mother’s warning about black people: “They are different, and they live differently.”
But by the time the castaways arrive on a small island, Phillip’s head injury has made him blind and dependent on Timothy.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
Popular Ads Overall
- Alcumus (38272 views)
- Canvas – Learning Management System (24149 views)
- Zoom Videoconferencing (664 views)
- Outdoor Music Concert (617 views)
- Otus – Learning Management System (556 views)
- Darbee (417 views)
- Music Lab (414 views)
- Turn Your Entire Home Into a Miniature Golf Course With These Putting Cup Air Vents (384 views)
- Preschool Inspirations (367 views)
- Hacker (335 views)